Roy Maas Youth Alternatives (RMYA) provides treatment programs for traumatized children who most often are victims of sexual, physical, and/or emotional abuse. RMYA supports using trauma-informed techniques and relationship-based approaches to create a safe environment that provides consistency, structure, and caring for the children we serve.
The Volunteer & Events Manager will serve the San Antonio campus of RMYA by overseeing the volunteer program for the agency- collaborating with program leadership and staff to identify volunteer needs. The Volunteer & Events Manager will recruit and place volunteers where needed and best suited to meet the program needs. The Volunteer & Events Manager will be responsible for overseeing the administration and coordination of events held on and off campus. The Volunteer & Events Manager will also plan events and special projects that may involve volunteers from the community to enhance the services RMYA provides to the children we serve.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Human Relations, Marketing, or Communications.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
BENEFITS: Health Insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA), vacation/holiday/sick time, tuition reimbursement, 403(b) Thrift Plan.
- Two – Three (2-3) years of volunteer management, customer service, and community organizing experience required.
- Five (5) experience working with emotionally or behaviorally challenged children and youth in a residential, shelter, or community-based setting preferred; Public Relations and marketing experience along with two (2) years’ experience developing and implementing outreach programs with the community preferred.
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experience required. Previous supervisory experience at RMYA is preferred.
- Ensure RMYA’s strategic vision, mission, and core values are implemented and achieved through its programs and services.
- Must be mission motivated.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to get along well and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment with community groups, volunteers and other employees.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Decision-making, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to use office computer software including email, spreadsheets, database and word processing programs for extended periods.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion and judgment in dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, community organizations, and other professionals.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of multiple teams.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and evening hours
- Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Oversee volunteer program for the San Antonio campus, including but not limited to: recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and training, scheduling, supervising, and possibly discharging a volunteer.
- Maintain regular communication with the Program Administrators and Managers of the San Antonio programs to discuss the needs of the programs and the residents as well as share information on new volunteers, scheduled events, and memos.
- Meet with Director of Facilities on a monthly basis to discuss projects that could be done by volunteers on the campus and create work service projects.
- Work closely with the Chief Program Officer and Director of Program Operations on program events to regularly review, program activities to ensure the activities are designed to transform the lives of the residents in our care.
- Participate in program activity review, planning, and development to ensure that programs, staff, and residents are safe and involved, activities are appropriate and child-focused, and that resources are being used effectively.
- Conduct tours of the campus and provide information about RMYA and our services.
- Represent RMYA in the community through speaking and participation in events as it relates to volunteer opportunities or services offered at RMYA.
- Assist with speaking engagements as needed in coordination with the Development team.
- Assist and coordinate with Meadowland Volunteer & Events Manager as needed to ensure a consistent volunteer experience across campuses and plan activities in which both campuses may participate.
- Assisting with solicitation of special requests for program needs e.g., tickets to events, restaurants, summer camps, music lessons, sports.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date mailing list of volunteers, community groups, churches, volunteers, interns for sending out invitations to events, etc. Pass on names of supporters to the Director of Community and Donor Engagement who want to be on newsletter mailing list.
- Ensure all volunteer materials are produce in a manner consistent with RMYA media standards for branding and messaging as established by Development. Work with the Development team and Meadowland Volunteer & Events Manager to maintain volunteer information on all RMYA websites.
- Support development efforts by introducing volunteers to Development team and recognizing that all volunteers of time can also become financial contributors.
- Document donations received to include in-kind donations, e.g. volunteer time, tickets.
- Maintain RMYA presence on volunteer recruitment tools such as the United Way Volunteer Center and Benevity at USAA. This work is done in conjunction with Development and the Meadowland Volunteer & Events Manager to avoid duplication of effort.
- Coordinate and ensure proper supervision is maintained at all kid events held on campus.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA.
- Maintain personally required training hours.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Program Operations