Roy Maas’ Youth Alternatives (RMYA) provides treatment programs for traumatized children who most often are victims of sexual, physical, and/or emotional abuse. RMYA supports using trauma-informed techniques and relationship-based approaches to create a safe environment that provides consistency, structure, and caring for the children we serve. In an effort to prevent family challenges from escalating, the RMYA Family Counseling & Resource Center provides outpatient therapy and other services designed to support children and families in their relationships with each other.
The Clinic Administrative Assistant will perform the non-clinical duties of the day-to-day operations of RMYA’s Family Counseling and Resource Center. The position will serve as the first point of contact for potential clients and the general public, therefore a commitment to customer service and interpersonal relations is essential. The Clinic Administrative Assistant will be responsible for various clerical and administrative functions, including: greeting visitors, answering phones, scheduling client appointments, maintaining staff schedules, managing secure client records, monitoring supplies and equipment, and managing mail and interoffice correspondence. Through their oversight and administrative support, the Clinic Administrative Assistant will assist in ensuring effective and efficient office organization and communication.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors or Associates degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field preferred.
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
SALARY: $11.00/hour (dependent on experience)
BENEFITS: Health insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA), vacation/holiday/sick time, 403b Retirement Plan.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing daily functions in an administrative or healthcare office environment. Knowledge of client/patient record management is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a busy environment. Flexibility and multi-tasking skills while maintaining a professional demeanor is vital.
- Exhibits a high degree of personal initiative and commitment to excellence with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ensure RMYA’s strategic vision, mission, and core values are implemented and achieved through its programs and services.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with data entry, including client databases and electronic scheduling systems.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug screening.
- Assist in managing the Counseling Center’s front desk and lobby area during scheduled hours.
- Use current client management system to schedule appointments for Counseling Center clients. Screen potential clients to gather demographic and insurance information to determine eligibility. Make referrals to appropriate resources as necessary. Keep call log of potential client inquiries and incoming/outgoing referrals.
- Work with the Family Counseling and Resource Clinic Office Coordinator to maintain RMYA’s Counseling and Resource Center manual.
- Complete billing for insurance related counseling session on a bi-weekly basis for the entire RMYA Clinical team and send billing reports to Clinic Program Manager.
- Assist in overseeing the maintenance of confidential client records by assembling client file templates before initial appointments, retrieving client files for therapists before each session, and monitoring files to ensure timely record-keeping. Assist therapists by performing quick and accurate data entry in the client management database as needed.
- Contact clients to confirm appointments and conduct follow-up calls. Assist with other forms of client correspondence as needed.
- Coordinate scheduling of front desk staffing when away from desk and/or out of the office. Coordinate with Clinician’s their lunch schedules and assign front office administrative time for them when needed.
- Assist in overseeing management of master calendar(s) for Main Office and Counseling Center.
- Promote team cohesion, communication, and participate in relevant staff meetings as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team. Responsible for training new clinicians and interns in front office procedures
- Ensure the daily upkeep and general cleanliness of Main Office and Counseling Center, including but not limited to: reception area, restrooms, closets, kitchen areas, storage areas, trash bins, etc.
- Assist in overseeing telephone switchboards and extensions for all San Antonio campus programs. Answer incoming telephone calls, field general inquiries regarding services, and route calls to appropriate department(s). Maintain an efficient system for taking messages for other staff members.
- Manage company mail, including: receive and log all incoming mail; ensure mail is distributed to the appropriate individual/department; collect outgoing mail ensure delivery to USPS/FedEx/UPS, etc.; operate and monitor use of manual and electronic mailing equipment.
- Manage interoffice correspondence, including: receive all incoming interoffice correspondence, distribute to appropriate individual/department, collect outgoing interoffice correspondence and ensure delivery to intended location.
- Maintain, store, organize, and order office supplies requested for all RMYA programs. Review and approve supply requisitions. Process corresponding invoices and submit to Accounting Department for payment.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA.
- Maintain personally required training hours.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinic Administrator