Roy Maas Youth Alternatives (RMYA) provides treatment programs for traumatized children who most often are victims of sexual, physical, and/or emotional abuse. RMYA supports using trauma-informed techniques and relationship-based approaches to create a safe environment that provides consistency, structure, and caring for the children, we serve.
Centro Seguro, our Drop-In/Drop Out Center provides drop-in/drop out services and appropriate supportive housing for homeless, child sex trafficking (CST) youth, and those at risk. Case Managers for Centro Seguro will work to ensure the safety of all seeking our services by implementing, monitoring, and enforcing the rules and regulations. Case Managers will provide specialized and intensive case management services to these youth. This is a grant Funded Position (1 Year)
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required or related field required. Previous experience in case management services required. Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
BENEFITS: Health insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA), vacation/holiday/sick time, 403b Retirement Plan.
- 3-5 years case management experience required, ideally in an emergency client-service environment, with a record of accomplishment of successful case management services with children and adolescents.
- Exceptional reasoning, problem solving and strategic thinking skills and ability to think creatively.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others through the interaction of stakeholders with different interests and needs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work proactively in an ambiguous, dynamic, multidimensional organization.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and roll-up-my-sleeves attitude.
- Demonstrable passion and commitment to working in the field of child sex trafficking and neglect prevention, and/or the nonprofit sector.
- Familiarity with the challenges facing child service agencies and abuse prevention efforts at local, state, and national levels.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend and evening hours, and comfort with occasional travel.
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug screening.
1. Case Plan
- Completes an initial needs assessment and acts upon critical needs appropriately and immediately.
- Orients clients to the center programs, requirements and procedures.
- Assures that basic nutrition and hygiene needs are being met
- Connects youth with Clinician and other program resources.
2. Intake Process
- Develops a comprehensive client-driven case plan with both short-term and long-term goals identified
- Completes a timeline and measures for each goal
- Monitors progress towards goals in regularly scheduled weekly sessions
- Evaluates and adjusts case plans as needed
- Empowers clients to become involved in their own planning and goal setting
- Refers clients to appropriate resources to assist with meeting both short-term and long-term goals
3. Training Process
- Coordinates and implements Life Skills and other training program aimed at learning and practicing life skills and decision-making
- Evaluates the program for effectiveness and producing changes in client behaviors
- Establishes and coordinates day and evening programs; schedules outside service providers and volunteers
4. Record keeping and Reporting
- Maintains client files for services provided
- Report critical incidents immediately to the Program Administrator
- Collects data necessary to meet funding requirements and statistical reports
- Completes all grant and agency required reports in a timely manner
5. Property Management
- Assures the safety of each property through frequent tours of the facilities inspecting for any hazards or repair needs
- Reports any hazards to the Program Administrator and Director of Facilities for immediate attention; communicates with the resident managers to insure safety for the residents
- Facilitates the repair process in collaboration with the Director of Facilities
6. Teamwork and Collaboration
- Works in collaboration with program and all other agency staff to facilitate a team environment
- Participates in team meetings and commits to group decisions
- Role models effective team behaviors
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients
- Creates good working relationships with local youth servicing agencies and other area service providers and support groups to facilitate the access to area resources for the clients
7. RMYA Values and Culture
- Treats all clients, visitors and employees with caring, kindness, respect and dignity
- Infuse RMYA Philosophy, Mission, Vision, and Values into work ethic
- Adheres to RMYA policies, procedures, code of conduct and attendance rules
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all information.
- Adheres to the policies in the use of computer technology and all tele-communication devices
8. Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
9. Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA.
10. Maintain personally required training hours.
11. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
12. Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
13. Perform special projects as assigned.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Administrator For Centro Seguro Drop-in/Drop-Out Center
Reminder: This is a grant Funded Position (1 Year)