About Meadowland Charter District:
Meadowland Charter District is an open-enrollment charter school serving at-risk students in grades K-12 located in Boerne, Texas. Meadowland provides a safe, structured and consistent environment, including a seamless connection to a therapeutic component, that meets the diverse needs of all students through an evolving and innovative curriculum that empowers them to be positive and contributing members of society.
Characteristics of the Position:
The Superintendent is accountable to the Boards of Directors of Meadowland Charter District and its charter holder, Roy Maas Youth Alternatives. The Superintendent will be the chief administrative officer and the educational leader of Meadowland Charter District. The Superintendent, the Boards of Directors, and the Chief Executive Officer work together to develop, refine, and implement policies and programs that help achieve the educational mission of Meadowland Charter District.
The skills, characteristics, and qualifications listed below are highly desirable in a Superintendent:
- Knowledge of school district functions and understanding of the roles of the Board, Superintendent, and campus administration
- Understanding of the differences between traditional and charter school districts in general, and, more particularly, a charter school district serving a residential facility
- Thorough knowledge of school law, school finance, and curriculum and instruction
- Proven record of improving academic and organizational performance
- Ability to evaluate all instructional areas
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to implement and manage District-wide policies and initiatives
- Knowledge of the principles of Restorative Practices (RP)
- Ability to utilize RP to handle conflict resolution both internally and externally
- Strong organizational, communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree in Educational Administration or education-related field required
- Valid Texas School Administrative Certification required
- Valid Texas Superintendent Certification preferred
- Combination of at least 8 years of successful teaching and leadership experience at the campus and district level, preferably in a charter or alternative school setting.
- Experience working with at-risk students, preferably in a residential treatment facility setting.
Important Dates: Applications will be accepted until May 3, 2019.
Please contact Mary Zaiontz at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and additional information.
Equal Opportunity Policy:
Roy Maas Youth Alternatives d/b/a Meadowland Charter District does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, veteran status, disability, or economic status or any other legally protected classification in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
Materials submitted by applicants may be subject to public disclosure under provisions of the Texas Public Information Act.