Roy Maas Youth Alternatives (RMYA) provides treatment programs for traumatized children who most often are victims of sexual, physical, and/or emotional abuse. RMYA supports using trauma-informed techniques and relationship-based approaches to create a safe environment that provides consistency, structure, and caring for the children we serve.
The Administrative Assistant will perform administrative duties of the day-to-day operations. The position will serve as the first point of contact for new residents, case workers, attorneys, volunteers, potential clients and the general public, therefore a commitment to customer service and interpersonal relations is essential. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for various clerical and administrative functions, including: greeting visitors, answering phones, scheduling client appointments, maintaining staff schedules, managing secure client records, monitoring supplies and equipment, and managing mail and interoffice correspondence. Through their oversight and administrative support, the Administrative Assistant will assist in ensuring effective and efficient office organization and communication.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelors or Associates degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field preferred.
BENEFITS: Health Insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA), vacation/holiday/sick time, tuition reimbursement, 403(b) Thrift Plan
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing daily functions in an administrative office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a busy environment. Flexibility and multi-tasking skills while maintaining a professional demeanor is vital.
- Exhibits a high degree of personal initiative and commitment to excellence with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with youth, families, collaborating agencies, outside professionals and RMYA staff.
- The ability to build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
- The ability to demonstrate resilience and flexibility in a constantly changing environment.
- The ability to persevere through difficulties with youth and staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with data entry, including client databases and electronic scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug screening.
- Ensure RMYA’s strategic vision, mission, and core values are implemented and achieved through its programs and services.
- Coordinate scheduling of front desk staffing when away from desk and/or out of the office.
- Oversee management of master calendar for the Meadowland campus (eg., appointments, activities, reservations of pool house/library/Macia, and events).
- Promote team cohesion, communication, and participate in relevant staff meetings as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ensure the daily upkeep and general cleanliness of Macia, including but not limited to: reception area, restrooms, kitchen area, storage areas, trash bins, etc.
- Assist in overseeing telephone switchboards and extensions for the Meadowland campus programs. Answer incoming telephone calls, field general inquiries regarding services, and route calls to appropriate department(s). Maintain an efficient system for taking messages for other staff members.
- Manage company mail, including: receive and log all incoming mail; ensure mail is distributed to the appropriate individual/department; collect outgoing mail ensure delivery to USPS/FedEx/UPS, etc.
- Manage interoffice correspondence, including: receive all incoming interoffice correspondence, distribute to appropriate individual/department, collect outgoing interoffice correspondence and ensure delivery to intended location. Maintain an organized filing system.
- Maintain, store, organize, and order office supplies requested for Meadowland programs. Review and approve supply requisitions. Process corresponding invoices and submit to Accounting Department.
- Scan closed resident files on a daily basis and put the scan files in storage.
- Make sure that all visits with residents at the Macia are documented on the visitor log.
- Be responsible for doing weekly resident allowance; scanning and sending monthly resident paperwork to caseworkers as well as weekly med eval notes.
- Assist as needed with medication evaluations and constant supervision of residents.
- Assist when needed in the grocery/supply shopping for all Meadowland Programs and assist with storing groceries/supplies (H.E.B., Walmart, etc.).
- Assist with the distribution of Meadowland petty cash. Approve expenditures in advance with the Sr. Dir. of Residential Services.
- Coordinate the use and upkeep of the pool house by outside organizations.
- Coordinate the use of MeadowLand vehicles for all off-campus activities.
- Donor Tracking – recording of all donated items brought to the Macia. This recording would include: name and monetary value of items along with the name and address of provider. This information is to be placed on our donation log and then sent to the Development Associate at the MO.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as well as training hours as prescribed by RMYA.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner At approved events in the community.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
For more information about employment at RMYA, please contact Janet at 210-340-8077, extension 1112 or email your application along with the authorization form to firstname.lastname@example.org.