The Thrift Shop Driver/Processor will be primarily responsible for picking up donations for Roy Maas Youth Alternative (RMYA). The position will be responsible for ensuring donations are appropriate for pick up, bringing the donations into the store, and making sure the donations are placed in the processing area. This position will also rearrange items and furniture in the Thrift Shop to make room for incoming items.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year professional driving experience preferred and minimum 1 year retail experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) and evening hours.
- Valid Texas driver’s license. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Be familiar with the rules and policies of the Thrift Shop.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in the daily operation of the Thrift Shop by picking up donations from assigned homes and businesses.
- Deliver items when needed.
- Assist in the arrangement of the main floor with large incoming donations. Take all other incoming donations to the back area.
- Assist in maintaining the on-line sales through Amazon, etc.
- Ensure that personal conduct and representation at work, meetings, training, and various community events is professional and aligns with RMYA’s mission and code of conduct.
- Maintain a clear driving record at all times.
- Abide by safety precautions in place (e.g., safety belt must be worn at all times, etc.)
- Meet all training requirements.
- Assists in events such as the annual gala.
- Supervises internal individuals including the TurningPoint residents and Community Service Workers.
- Handle the operation of the cash register, being sure that the amount on the tape and the cash in drawer balance.
- Be responsible for keeping the front of the store area neat.
- Help customers find items, answer questions, give out tax forms and assist with purchases.
- Handle the receiving of donations, sorting and pricing the merchandise.
- Check to be sure the back area is clean and orderly at all times.
- Regularly turn in suggestions for staff notes.
- Ensure at end of shift the store is in order & ready for the next employee coming in.
- Communicate any problems to Director of Thrift Shop.
- Help make sure daily specials are posted on bulletin board.
- Help m sure there are enough forms for the workday.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner in approved events in the community.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of the Thrift Shop.
- Be supportive of all Roy Maas’ Youth Alternatives, Inc. policies and procedures.
Immediate Supervisor: Director of The Thrift Shop