The Thrift Shop Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring every customer is greeted and given satisfactory customer service to ensure the customer is satisfied with the Thrift Shop. This position will also rearrange items and small furniture in the Thrift Shop to make room for incoming items. The Thrift Shop Sales Associate will also be responsible for ensuring each customer is checked through the register with the transaction was done correctly.
EDUCATION: High School degree required.
- Minimum 1 year retail experience preferred.
- Ability to personalize the customer’s visit in RMYA’s Thrift Shop.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable with MS Word and Excel.
- Reliable and trustworthy; sound decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal, writing & organizational skills.
- Knowledge of budget management, bookkeeping, and projections.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend and evening hours
- Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Follow written procedures for store operations, including opening, and closing the store; procedures for accepting, sorting, pricing donations; security procedures for staff and volunteers, handling of cash, and other relevant procedures as needed.
- Ensure donated items are processed, items are rotated, and unusable donated items are disposed in a timely fashion.
- Work with community service workers.
- Ensure good display of merchandise inside the store to enhance the appearance and appeal of the store.
- Utilize social media to expose the thrift shop to a wider audience and attract
- Provide service to internal and external customers according to standards and ensures staff and volunteers follow same standards.
- Promote excellence in the customer service experience for all visitors to the Thrift Shop through.
- Use agency resources (financial and non-financial) prudently.
- Acknowledge and follow financial policies of RMYA.
- Collaborate and communicate with all RMYA staff and volunteers to remain consistent in policies and procedures regarding item and volunteer solicitation.
- Complete and submit all required and assigned paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adhere to the safety policy and procedures maintained in accordance with relevant inspection entities (i.e., fire, health, safety, etc.) by reporting deficiencies in a timely manner and accurately completing required documentation (i.e., vehicle logs, refrigerator/freezer logs, fire drills, etc.)
- Ensure accurate time in and out is captured on timecards by using time clock consistently, request time off appropriately, and verify time cards in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA.
- Maintain personally required training hours.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Physical Work Environment
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; frequent walking, standing, bending, squatting, pulling and pushing; the ability to perform keyboarding tasks at computer; ability to lift items up to 10 pounds to a height up to 6 feet and 11-25 pounds to a height of 3 feet; and may carry items up to 30 pounds for distances up to 25 feet.
Note: This is a part time position.