The Outreach Specialist will serve RMYA by doing outreach services for Centro Seguro’s Drop-In Center as well as RMYA. The Outreach Specialist is responsible for creating innovative strategies to build tangible donor and volunteer resources in the greater community that include government agencies, community, civic and non-profit organizations for the Drop In Center. This position will passionately represent the mission of RMYA in the community and drive tactics for increasing awareness to bring in volunteers—deepening and expanding this relationship to enhance the agency’s ability to achieve its mission. The Outreach Specialist is also responsible for researching, developing, and implementing outreach strategies with information regarding other RMYA programs, admissions, and services through presentations and personal interviews in various settings throughout the San Antonio and surrounding area.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field; or 5 years’ experience developing and implementing outreach programs within the community.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY: $35,000/annual plus health benefits (75% premium paid by RMYA)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of non-profit fundraising experience.
- 2-3 years of volunteer management, customer service, and community organizing experience a plus.
- Must be mission motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, community organizations, and other professionals.
- Ability to work successfully with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and fundraising databases.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of multiple teams.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Work closely with community members and leaders, and community-based organizations to develop and implement engagement strategies for involving those communities in issues of child abuse, specifically sex trafficking victims and RMYA generally.
- Develop and implement culturally relevant/non-traditional methods of communication and outreach to various cultural groups.
- Attend community events focused on sex trafficking to promote RMYA initiatives including donor and volunteer activities.
- Maintain and coordinate administrative information, appointment schedules, contact information/notes, and reports determined to be necessary as part of the comprehensive efforts of the
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Assists in the development, coordination, and implementation of recruitment activities for Centro Seguro and other RMYA programs.
- Prepares and gives presentations to potential clients and community partners in various settings. This includes in both a professional setting as well as street/community outreach initiatives.
- Thoroughly understands and explains RMYA’s admissions procedures and required documents.
- Tracks prospective partnerships and completes follow up contacts as needed.
- Compiles and utilizes data, which supports communication with perspective community partners and aids in the development and implementation of outreach policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Program Administrator of Centro Seguro Drop-In Center and the Director of Operations of the San Antonio Campus.
- Support major initiatives and events of the agency, including the acquisition of appropriate auction items as defined by the event plan.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA.
- Maintain personally required training hours.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of administrative, financial, and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at community events.
Immediate Supervisor: PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR OF CENTRO SEGURO’S DROP IN CENTER