Nighttime Residential Specialists serve RMYA in its residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter. The primary function of the Nighttime Residential Specialist is to provide safety, security, and well-being to the children in our care in a way that supports their stability and growth as determined by their treatment plan during sleep hours. The Nighttime Residential Specialist adheres to policies, procedures, protocols, and rules pertaining to the dynamic engagement of each child. The Nighttime Residential Specialist coordinates with the Nighttime Residential Specialist Supervisor (RSS), Program Manager, clinical and support services staff and other interested parties to provide the effective delivery of all necessary services and advises same with timely information concerning behaviors, activities, and interactions that may affect a child in a given setting.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent, some college and/or degree preferred.
SALARY: $11.00/hour (plus differential pay for working third shift)
- Direct-care experience with emotionally or behaviorally challenged children and youth in a residential, shelter, or community-based setting is required.
- Ability to understand the Department of Family Services (DFPS) licensing and operating requirements.
- Ability to adhere to the best practices supported by RMYA in its care of children, youth, and families; and the willingness to learn, and implement the execution of these practices.
- Basic understanding of child behavior and development principles.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly with staff and children in care, both orally and in writing.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, and other professionals.
- Ensure RMYA’s strategic vision, mission, and core values are implemented and achieved through its programs and services.
- Ability to work successfully with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and client management databases.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of multiple teams.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Provide direct supervision of the children in care.
- Model the principles of trauma-informed care and restorative practices with the children in care.
- Model and teach constructive behavioral and social skills, realistic problem-solving and life skills, and positively reinforce progress toward goal behaviors in the child’s treatment plan.
- Adhere to RMYA’s nightly schedule in regards to bed checks and fulfillment of responsibilities.
- Administer and document all over the counter medication according to RMYA medication administration procedures.
- Model and teach good personal hygiene skills, cleanliness and orderliness of personal space and common areas in the cabin during nighttime hours. Be prepared for regular inspections to be conducted to verify acceptable levels of quality.
- Meet regularly with the Nighttime Team RSS to receive feedback regarding workplace expectations to ensure success in the program.
- Become oriented with every resident of the program.
- Provide resident information and observation to the Nighttime RSS and/PM for possible consideration in treatment plan development or modification.
- Provide effective supervision and a safe environment that align with each child’s treatment plan.
- Maintain program supervision within RMYA, licensing, and funding source guidelines.
- Document incidents completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Assist in ensuring the program and campus facilities are maintained in accordance with licensing and other relevant inspection entities (i.e., fire, health, safety, etc.) by reporting deficiencies in a timely manner to the RSS and accurately complete required documentation (i.e., vehicle logs, refrigerator/freezer logs, fire drills, etc.)
- Perform all daily laundry, paperwork, filing, and preparations for the next day’s shift nightly.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA.
- Maintain personally required training hours.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Transport resident(s) when necessary.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures, and actively participate in their development by proposing changes and updates as well as working on teams designed to improve how we work together.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: NIGHTTIME TEAM RESIDENTIAL SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
Full time positions available in our San Antonio and Boerne locations.