The Maintenance Technician III will serve RMYA in its residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter. The primary function of the Maintenance Technician III will be to provide intermediate level maintenance and repairs to plumbing fixtures, components and systems, electrical systems, HVAC systems, carpentry repairs and installations, lock repairs and re-keying, and other systems as assigned.
Maintenance will include the preventive maintenance on these systems and other components used throughout the agency to provide utilities, transportation, building comfort, and safety. This position will assist co-workers in conducting repairs when requested. This position will assist with volunteer activities, setting up for events and programs, and participate in RMYA staff activities as required. This position will attend all mandatory training and meetings for staff and employees when requested. The Maintenance Technician III will respond to emergencies as required, assist in problem solving, and participate in the RMYA Emergency Management and Response Team. This position participates in the on-call rotation to respond to after-hours emergencies and safety concerns.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree or 2yr vocational training preferred with 2-3 yrs of maintenance experience.
SALARY: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour plus health insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA) and vacation/holiday/sick time.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) operations and routine maintenance.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in carpentry repairs.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in grounds maintenance and irrigation system repairs.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in painting principles and practices to include coating, removal, and discarding of paints, thinners, and materials.
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge in automotive repair and maintenance to include grounds equipment, golf carts, and go-carts.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in residential to commercial grade maintenance, repairs, and operations in a multi-unit setting.
- Skilled in customer service and responding to customer requests for services and repairs.
- Skilled in time management, working on a team and independently.
- Skilled in tracking time and materials for service requests and identifying areas for improvement.
- Must lift up to 50 pounds individually and over 50 pounds with team lift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, kneel, lift, push, and pull with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work hours outside normal working hours to include on-call, weekends, holidays, and at the need of the facility.
- Must be able to work on ladders and elevated platforms.
- Must possess a current Texas driver’s license or obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- Must favorably pass a criminal background check complete with fingerprinting.
- Must favorably pass a drug screening.
- Assist Maintenance Department to meet all maintenance and repair requests at all RMYA locations (San Antonio and Boerne) and ensure that those requests are completed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, and federal, state, and local codes to maintain compliance with licensing & COA standards.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks, and assignments, reporting issues, concerns or deficiencies to the Director of Facilities or designee.
- Perform maintenance and repair on all building systems as assigned.
- Ensure automotive maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, minor tune ups, replacing fuses, belts, bulbs, etc. are being completed routinely as needed or scheduled.
- Conduct routine checks and maintenance on Life Safety Equipment, verifying the completion and all inspection dates are current.
- Obtain permission to purchase items for repairs and maintenance when needed. Following applicable accounting guidelines for purchases.
- Maintain accountability and inventory of assigned tools, parts, and materials on a routine basis.
- Attend routine Director’s Meetings to receive updates on projects and training on equipment.
- Responsible for clocking-in and out using approved time management methods, providing requests for time off in a timely manner, and tracking and certifying time on a routine basis.
- Supervise and assist residents doing work related to grounds or maintenance when possible.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license.
- Attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities or designee.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES