The Maintenance Technician II will serve RMYA in its residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter. The primary function of the Maintenance Technician II will report to the Director of Facilities or assigned designee. The Maintenance Technician II will provide basic level of maintenance and repairs to plumbing fixtures and components, electrical fixtures, HVAC fixtures, carpentry repairs, locks, and other systems as assigned. The Maintenance will include the preventive maintenance on these systems and other components used throughout the agency to provide utilities, transportation, building comfort, and safety. This position will assist co-workers in conducting advanced level repairs when requested. This position will assist with volunteer activities, setting up for events and programs, and participate in RMYA staff activities as required. This position will attend all mandatory trainings and meetings for staff and employees when requested. The Maintenance Technician II will respond to emergencies as required, assist in problem solving, and participate in the RMYA Emergency Management and Response Team. This position participates in the on-call rotation to respond to after-hours emergencies and safety concerns.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Basic level of knowledge in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) operations and routine maintenance.
- Basic level of knowledge in plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Basic level of knowledge in carpentry repairs.
- Basic level of knowledge in grounds maintenance and irrigation system repairs.
- Basic level of knowledge in painting principles and practices to include coating, removal, and discarding of paints, thinners, and materials.
- Basic level of knowledge in automotive repair and maintenance to include grounds equipment, golf carts, and go-carts.
- Basic level of skill in residential grade maintenance, repairs, and operations in a multi-unit setting.
- Skilled in customer service and responding to customer requests for services and repairs.
- Skilled in time management, working on a team and independently.
- Skilled in tracking time and materials for service requests and identifying areas for improvement.
- Must lift up to 50 pounds individually and over 50 pounds with team lift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, kneel, lift, push, and pull with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work hours outside normal working hours to include on-call, weekends, holidays, and at the need of the facility.
- Must be able to work on ladders and elevated platforms.
- Must possess a current Texas driver’s license or obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- Must favorably pass a criminal background check complete with fingerprinting.
- Must favorably pass a drug screening.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Maintenance Department to meet all general maintenance and repair requests at the Meadowland campus and the West Avenue campus and ensure that those requests are completed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, and federal, state, and local codes to maintain compliance with licensing & COA standards.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks, and assignments, reporting issues, concerns or deficiencies to the Director of Facilities or designee.
- Perform basic maintenance and repair on all building systems as assigned.
- Ensure automotive maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, minor tune ups, replacing fuses, belts, bulbs, etc are being completed routinely as needed or scheduled.
- Conduct routine checks and maintenance on Life Safety Equipment, verifying the maintenance is completed correctly and all inspection dates are current.
- Obtain permission to purchase items for repairs and maintenance when needed. Following applicable accounting guidelines for purchases.
- Maintain accountability and inventory of assigned tools, parts, and materials on a routine basis.
- Attend routine Director’s Meetings to receive updates on projects and training on equipment.
- Responsible for clocking-in and out using approved time management methods, providing requests for time off in a timely manner, and tracking and certifying time on a routine basis.
- Supervise and assist residents doing work related to grounds or maintenance when possible.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license.
- Attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities or designee.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FACILITIE