The Maintenance Technician I/Day Porter will serve RMYA in its residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter. The Maintenance Technician I/Day Porter will provide daily porter services to the main office and counseling center to include cleaning main corridors, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning common areas to include restrooms, waiting areas, trash removal from offices, high dust, sweeping and mopping. The Maintenance Technician I/Day Porter will also provide basic level of maintenance to plumbing fixtures and components, electrical fixtures, HVAC fixtures, carpentry repairs, locks, and other systems as assigned. Maintenance will include the preventive maintenance on these systems and other components used throughout the agency to provide utilities, transportation, building comfort, and safety. This position will assist co-workers in conducting advanced level repairs when requested. This position will assist with volunteer activities, setting up for events and programs, and participate in RMYA staff activities as required. This position will attend all mandatory trainings and meetings for staff and employees when requested. The Maintenance Technician I/Day Porter will respond to emergencies as required, assist in problem solving, and participate in the RMYA Emergency Management and Response Team. This position participates in the on-call rotation to respond to after-hours emergencies and safety concerns.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY: $11.00/hour plus health benefits (75% premium paid by RMYA)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 0-1 yrs of experience.
- Understanding and knowledge of building cleaning principles and practices.
- Basic level of knowledge in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) operations and routine maintenance.
- Basic level of knowledge in plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Basic level of knowledge in carpentry repairs.
- Basic level of knowledge in grounds maintenance and irrigation system repairs.
- Basic level of knowledge in painting principles and practices to include coating, removal, and discarding of paints, thinners, and materials.
- Basic level of knowledge in automotive repair and maintenance to include grounds equipment, golf carts, and go-carts.
- Knowledge of floor care practices.
- Basic level of skill in residential grade maintenance, repairs, and operations in a multi-unit setting.
- Skilled in use of chemicals for disinfecting surfaces and fixtures, stain removal in carpets, cleaning various flooring types and furniture.
- Skilled in customer service and responding to customer requests for services and repairs.
- Skilled in time management, working on a team and independently.
- Skilled in tracking time and materials for service requests and identifying areas for improvement.
- Must lift up to 50 pounds individually and over 50 pounds with team lift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, kneel, lift, push, and pull with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work hours outside normal working hours to include on-call, weekends, holidays, and at the need of the facility.
- Must be able to work on ladders and elevated platforms.
- Available to work flexible hours including some evening and weekends.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
- Assist Maintenance Department to meet all general maintenance and repair requests at the Meadowland campus and the West Avenue campus and ensure that those requests are completed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, and federal, state, and local codes to maintain compliance with licensing & COA standards.
- Conduct cleaning of main office and counseling centers to ensure a clean and presentable environment is available to customers, staff, and residents.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks, and assignments, reporting issues, concerns or deficiencies to the Director of Facilities or designee.
- Perform basic maintenance and repair on all building systems as assigned.
- Ensure automotive maintenance and repairs such as oil changes, minor tune ups, replacing fuses, belts, bulbs, etc. are being completed routinely as needed or scheduled.
- Conduct routine checks and maintenance on Life Safety Equipment, verifying the completion and all inspection dates are current.
- Obtain permission to purchase items for repairs and maintenance when needed. Following applicable accounting guidelines for purchases.
- Maintain accountability and inventory of assigned tools, parts, and materials on a routine basis.
- Attend routine Director’s Meetings to receive updates on projects and training on equipment.
- Responsible for clocking-in and out using approved time management methods, providing requests for time off in a timely manner, and tracking and certifying time on a routine basis.
- Supervise and assist residents doing work related to grounds or maintenance when possible.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license.
- Attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities or designee.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES