The Clinician II will serve RMYA in all of its program located in Boerne. The Clinician II will be responsible providing individual, family, and group therapy for the residents of the RMYA programs. The Clinician II will conduct assessments and is responsible for the development and implementation of therapeutic treatment plans for all clients. The Clinician II is required to be on-call for the programs of RMYA on a scheduled, rotating basis. The Clinician II’s work location is based on the needs of the organization and can change over one’s tenure.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or psychology is required
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CREDENTIALS: Minimum 1 year post-licensure experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC/LPC-S), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT). Must have active and complete Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) credentialing application and must be currently enrollment in various insurance panels; including but not limited to TMHP, Cenpatico and/or Community First.
SALARY: $45,000/annual plus health insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA) and vacation/holiday/sick time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1 year post-licensure experience preferred.
- Experience with clients in a residential, shelter, community-based, or hospital setting preferred.
- Clinical knowledge of best practices in the treatment of adolescents with behavioral and emotional disturbances in the treatment of their families.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain compliance with applicable Texas rules, regulations and laws that govern behavioral and mental health services for children, youth, and their families ensuring that the highest standards of generally accepted clinical, ethical, and professional standards are followed.
- General understanding of Department of Family Services (DFPS) licensing and operating requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, and other professionals.
- Knowledge of insurance documentation and billing requirements, particularly Medicaid.
- Must have active and complete Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) Credentialing Application.
- Current enrollment in various insurance panels; including but not limited to TMHP, Cenpatico and/or Community First
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and client management databases.
- Ability to work independently.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and schedule on-call shifts.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Provide therapeutic treatment interventions in assigned program(s).
- Support the residential admission process in the assigned residential milieu.
- Completion of all treatment/service plans for clients.
- Provide training to employees of RMYA.
- Provide indirect guidance to direct care staff regarding clinical programming and treatment expectations.
- Work directly with the Master Clinician and program staff to ensure effective and safe therapeutic practices are being provided at all times.
- Attend clinical staffings on clients to ensure clinically pertinent care is being provided to the clients.
- Ensure quality therapeutic interventions are being provided, following up with referral sources are being done, aftercare and discharge planning is being done, and all is in compliance with RMYA policies and procedures.
- Provide on-going counseling; seek case consultations, and/or crisis interventions.
- Maintain therapeutic services within RMYA, licensing, and funding source guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor treatment plans, diagnostic assessments, service plans, and progress reports.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of client tracking and status reports for monthly review/audit by Master Clinician or Clinic Administrator.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license.
- Maintain professional licensure and certifications; attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Master Clinician