The Clinician I will serve RMYA in its Counseling and Resource Center. The Clinician I will be responsible for providing individual, family, and group therapy as well as maintaining a caseload as required. The clinician will conduct assessments and is responsible for the development, implementation, and review of therapeutic treatment plans for all clients under the oversight of a site supervisor. This is a 2 year grant-funded position through the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA).
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or psychology is required.
CREDENTIALS: Minimally a Licensed Professional Counselor-Intern (LPC-Intern), Licensed Clinical Social Worker-Associate (LCSW-A), or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist-Associate (LMFT-A).
SALARY: TBD plus medical benefits (75% paid by RMYA).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Master’s Degree and approved LPC-intern license.
- Experience with clients in a residential, shelter, community-based, or hospital setting preferred.
- Clinical knowledge of best practices in the treatment of adolescents with behavioral and emotional disturbances in the treatment of their families.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain compliance with applicable Texas rules, regulations and laws that govern behavioral and mental health services for children, youth, and their families ensuring that the highest standards of generally accepted clinical, ethical, and professional standards are followed.
- Secure off-site supervisor and maintain weekly supervision as required by the Texas licensure board.
- General understanding of Department of Family Services (DFPS) licensing and operating requirements preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, and other professionals.
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and client management databases.
- Ability to work independently.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Implement therapeutic treatment interventions as assigned and under supervision.
- Oversee and support the residential admission process in the assigned residential milieu as assigned by site supervisor.
- Oversee and monitor the completion of all treatment/service plans as assigned by site supervisor.
- Provide indirect guidance to direct care staff regarding clinical programming and treatment expectations.
- Work directly with the assigned site supervisor and Chief Program Officer and other senior staff to ensure effective and safe therapeutic practices are being provided at all times.
- Lead clinical staffings on clients to ensure staff are providing clinically pertinent care to clients.
- Provide quality therapeutic interventions, follow-up with referral sources, aftercare, and discharge planning, and that clinical staff are in compliance with RMYA policies and procedures.
- Provide on-going counseling, case consultations, and/or crisis interventions as assigned by site supervisor.
- Maintain therapeutic services within RMYA, licensing, and funding source guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor treatment plans, diagnostic assessments, service plans, and progress reports as assigned by site supervisor.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of client tracking and status reports for monthly review/audit of clinical department as well as billing, monitoring, and direct reporting for all funding sources.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license.
- Maintain professional licensure and certifications; attend and participate in all required professional training, workshops and or continuing education.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- present RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISORS: Clinic Administrator