The Admissions Specialist will be responsible for tracking referrals, evaluating referral packets, consulting with admissions team for placement services, and providing support for the intake process at the Meadowland campus. Subsequent to the intake of each child the Admissions Specialist will provide a 72 hours initial assessment to the clinical team. The Admissions Specialist will provide support the clinical team by tracking, documenting, and assisting with the bi-monthly psychiatric medication evaluations. The Admissions Specialist will provide, as needed, clinical support to all clinicians by assisting with the ongoing development, implementation, and revision of all treatment plans as well as STAR plans.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a Behavioral Health Field required; Graduate coursework in counseling, social work, or psychology is preferred.
CREDENTIALS: Licensed Professional Counselor-Intern (LPC-Intern) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker-Associate (LCSW-A) preferred.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY: $27,040/annual plus health benefits (75% premium paid by RMYA)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree and approved LPC-intern license preferred.
- Experience with clients in a residential, shelter, community-based, or hospital setting preferred.
- Clinical knowledge of best practices in the treatment of adolescents with behavioral and emotional disturbances in the treatment of their families.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain compliance with applicable Texas rules, regulations and laws that govern behavioral and mental health services for children, youth, and their families ensuring that the highest standards of generally accepted clinical, ethical, and professional standards are followed.
- Secure off-site supervisor and maintain weekly supervision as required by the Texas licensure board. (If applicable.)
- Deep understanding of Department of Family Services (DFPS) licensing and operating requirements preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, and other professionals.
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and client management databases.
- Ability to work independently.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
- Work directly with the clinical team and Chief Program Officer and other senior staff to ensure effective and safe therapeutic practices are being provided at all times.
- Participate in DFPS staffings, court proceedings, treatment reviews for RTC/GRO programs and other relevant meetings as assigned by the Master Clinician and the clinical team.
- Participate in clinical staffings on clients to ensure staff is providing clinically pertinent care to clients.
- Assist clinical team in preparing and monitoring treatment plans, diagnostic assessments, service plans, and progress reports as assigned by site supervisor.
- Assist (when needed) in transporting residents to clinical appointments.
- Work closely with RMYA directors in coordinating treatment plans, program issues, scheduling intakes/discharges.
- Assist with doing the CANS assessment at intake.
- Assist with coordinating and attending the treatment plan meetings.
- Collect all documentation for medication evaluations and assist with attending the medication reviews as needed.
- Accurate and timely communication with the clinical team
- Assist the program nurse in preparing for weekly med evaluations and coordinate (doctor) resident med evaluation room.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as prescribed by RMYA and the professional code of ethics for your license if applicable. .
- Maintain appropriate professional licensure and certifications; attend and participate in required professional training, workshops and or continuing education.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of client and program operations.
- Represent RMYA in a professional manner at approved events in the community.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Be supportive of all RMYA policies and procedures.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MASTER CLINICIAN